Master of Biomedical Sciences
In order to be considered for admission to the Master of Biomedical Sciences program, the student must meet the following requirements for the 2014 entering class:
- Completion of a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Completion of 8 semester hours with a minimum 2.0 grade point average and no grade below a C in each of the following:
- Biology with laboratory
- General Chemistry with laboratory
- Organic Chemistry with laboratory
- General Physics with laboratory
- Completion of 6 semester hours with a minimum 2.0 grade point average and no grade below a C in each of the following:
- English Composition or literature
- English Literature
- Medical College Admission Test (MCAT)
- Dental Admission Test (DAT).
Beginning for the 2015 Entering Class
Students will be required to also complete 3 semester hours of biochemistry, with a grade of C or better.
Applicants are highly encouraged to take supplementary, upper-division courses in advanced sciences such as, but not limited to: biochemistry, physiology, microbiology, immunology, anatomy, histology, genetics, cell biology, molecular biology, virology, and bacteriology. Students who have additional preparation in the sciences are most successful in the program.